Between school, sports, work and trying to fit in some very important down time, preparing a healthy weeknight dinner can be a challenge. Not anymore! Include this delicious Baked Salmon with Avocado-Dill Yogurt in the weekly rotation and everyone will be happy. Low in fat, high in protein and rich in omega-3 fatty acids adds a nice little health boost. And it only takes 20 minutes to make! Head over to your local farmers market for some asparagus spears or fresh summer squash to serve alongside this beautiful, delicious fish.
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 fillets (6 ounces each) salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare yogurt sauce by combining avocado, yogurt, dill, garlic, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, salt and pepper to taste in food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. (If necessary, add more water 1 tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.) Set aside.
- Place fish skin side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil.
- Bake fish until just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. (Thicker center-cut fillets will take longer, while thinner fillets cut from the tail section will cook faster.)
- Serve topped with avocado-dill yogurt.
Recipe credit: Greatist.com